Having an website with HTTP and HTTPS bindings, running on my local IIS 7.5 server, I encountered this error with Chrome, Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET) while trying to access it with HTTPS protocol. I checked the IIS and the bindings were fine, both protocols were set and self-signed certificate didn't expire yet.
Since the website it wasn't accessible on the HTTPS protocol and everything seems ok at the IIS level, I suspected there was something which it can be fixed with the netsh command.
The first thing to do was to list the SSL server certificate bindings:
netsh http show sslcert
As I expected, there was nothing shown. To "add a new SSL server certificate binding and corresponding client certificate policies for an IP address and port" (from help), netsh can be used with some basic parameters: ipport, certhash and appid.
The certhash value can be read either from ISS Manager (Manage server\Server Certificates, select a certificate, click View in the right …
In this article I will show how to model a table per hierarchy, a bit more complex than I found in books or other articles. I'm sure this model is present in real lif,e but I really didn't have the luck to find an example on the web when I needed it most. The complexity of this model is given by the Foreign Keys ( the Associations) which need to be placed in the derived entities types and the fact the discriminator depends on more than one column. The first problem I could fix, but the next one, with the discriminator based on two or three nullable columns I couldn't do it, unless if I use a single discriminator column (ie ItemType or something). The database is very simple. It is designed for an eshop which sells products, services and also has some nice packages, that combines products and services and offers them for good prices compared with if they would be bought alone. The products and services are very different in terms of how data describes them, so the decision …
Indeed, there is a saga. Since from the very beginning of my ASP .Net experiences I had to deal with the "CSS problem". This problem occurs when the referenced CSS is not loaded, because the relative path is not given right.
We place in the Master Page all the common html used in the website, including the links to the CSS files. Pages might be placed in different nested folders and because of this, the link to the CSS file needs to be adjusted with the relative prefixes. Since the link is placed in the Master Page and it is not known in advantage the website structure, the solution should solve the problem of how is the right prefix added to the CSS link.
HTML introduced Relative Uniform Resource Locators ( see [Page 11]) which actually solves this problem. Instead of writing the absolute paths (ie. http://www.mysite.com/public/main.css ), it suffices to use the relative paths, like public/main.css. That RFC explains the algorithm of how the prefixes ( /, ./, ../, ../../ so o…